Spray Foam Insulation Contractors
Peak Home Performance Starts with Spray Foam Insulation Installation
When it comes to home insulation for your Rockford, Illinois, home, it’s hard to beat the quality of spray foam. Spray foam insulation outperforms other insulation materials in terms of R-value, resistance to mold and moisture damage, durability, air sealing, and versatility.
As experienced spray foam insulation contractors, we know that spray foam can be used in a variety of different spaces in the home; including attics, crawl spaces, walls, and more. At Greenlink Energy Solutions, we specialize in spray foam insulation installation that makes your home more efficient and comfortable. And, as we employ a 360° approach to building science when we evaluate a home, we can help identify any other areas of the home that can be improved to help aid the building’s energy efficiency, air quality, and more.
If you’re interested in learning more about how spray foam can help your home, call us for a consultation and estimate. Or read on below to learn about the benefits of having spray foam installed by experienced spray foam insulation contractors.
Benefits of Closed Cell Spray Foam Insulation Installation
- Utilizing spray foam insulation actually adds structural stability and durability to your home because it adds strength to framing and sheathing.
- When compared with other forms of insulation, spray foam boasts an impressive R-value, which is 55–60 percent greater than other types of insulation.
- Due to the fact that spray foam expands and is a very strong adhesive, it is more efficient than other forms of insulation.
- Spray foam helps seal off the home against air leaks and creates an up-to-code moisture barrier or vapor barrier.
- Spray foam also offers an impressive degree of soundproofing when used as an insulator and is comparable to rock wool’s soundproofing capability.
- Spray foam is highly resistant to water damage unlike other insulators like fiberglass, which can hold up to 2.5x its weight in moisture.
- Won’t compress, fall out of place or lose R-value like fiberglass
- Closed-cell spray foam is waterproof and does not support mold growth
What does spray foam insulation cost?
Before you decide on spray foam or another method of insulation, it’s important to understand the superiority of spray foam compared to traditional materials. When compared to fiberglass batts, spray foam offers nearly double the R-value per inch, achieves air-sealing and insulation in one step, won’t be damaged by mold or moisture, and won’t settle, compress, or otherwise be damaged to the point it needs replacement.
Spray foam insulation is typically priced by volume, meaning your cost will depend on how much material you need to use to insulate your space, although other factors may influence price as well. In almost all cases, the cost of spray foam insulation is more than worth it, as it’s a once and done upgrade that will not only provide energy savings in your home, but also improve your home’s overall comfort and structural integrity.
The Greenlink Spray Foam Insulation Process
Spray foam insulation can be messy and difficult to remove from areas where it shouldn’t be. But as experienced spray foam insulation contractors, we have an intensive process to ensure there’s no mess and guarantee the safety of every occupant (including pets) in the home.
- Preparation: We’ll cover everything in the immediate area and surrounding areas with plastic sheeting from the ceiling to the floor and over any furniture or fixtures.
- Cleaning: Removing dust, debris, and other materials in the work area is crucial. This allows the foam to form the strongest bond and adhesion to the material as possible bringing it to peak efficiency.
- Application: Our spray foam technicians go through rigorous training and are certified by the spray foam manufacturer (Icynene®) as well. We guarantee a clean, efficient, and building-code level installation of closed cell spray foam.
- Clean and Trim: We’ll trim up and smooth the foam to the perfect level for each type of project. Once your project is complete, we guarantee a squeaky clean work area. Nobody likes picking up after you just paid someone to do the work for you.
Looking for spray foam insulation? Curious about the product or have some questions regarding your project? Give the experts at Greenlink Energy Solutions a call to get your Rockford, Illinois, project started with a free assessment and estimate from experienced spray foam insulation installers. We’re here to help you improve your home.