Indoor Air Quality Services
Healthy Homes Have Healthy Indoor Air Quality Measures in Place
You count on your Rockford, Illinois, home to be a comfortable haven—and when it’s not, it’s time to investigate. If your home leaves you feeling unwell, you may be suffering from poor indoor air quality. The professionals at Greenlink Energy Solutions are here to help by providing an array of indoor air quality services!
According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), indoor air quality refers to the air quality within and around buildings and structures as it relates to the health and comfort of its occupants. Indoor air quality is affected by temperature, humidity, ventilation, and chemical or biological contaminants found within the building.
Do you have any reason to suspect that your home’s air quality is poor? Read on to learn more about the symptoms commonly associated with poor air quality in the home.
INDOOR AIR QUALITY SERVICES TO IMPROVE YOUR HOME
Air Purification Systems
From media filters to complete HEPA air filtration systems, we’ll help you choose an option that meets your needs and budget.
Whole-house dehumidifiers keep moisture levels low, preventing microbial growth and reducing dust mite populations.
Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV)
Balanced ventilation from an ERV ensures consistent air changes to keep your indoor air clean
UV Light Systems
Got mold on your indoor coil? UV light systems prevent those contaminants from growing and help clean the air passing through your HVAC system.
Common Symptoms of Poor Indoor Air Quality
If you’ve noticed, felt, or seen any of the following symptoms in yourself or others, you are more than likely suffering from poor indoor air quality and large amount of pollutants:
- Headaches, fatigue, sore eyes, burning nose
- Worsening allergies
- Respiratory issues
- Flu-like symptoms
Serious Health Effects Caused by Poor Indoor Air Quality
- Heart disease
- Other serious, long-term conditions
- Death, when carbon monoxide or other pollutants are present in high concentrations
Common complaints of indoor air pollutants that can directly affect occupant comfort, health and productivity and contribute to poor indoor environmental air quality, create health concerns and questions, and may lead to claims of sick building syndrome (SBS) include those from biological pollutants, carbon monoxide, formaldehyde, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), lead (Pb), nitrogen dioxide (NO2), indoor particulate matter, asbestos, mold, and secondhand smoke. Sick building syndrome claims arise in situations where building occupants experience detrimental effects they or their physicians have linked to time spent within a built environment/building without the identification of a specific illness or cause.
Benefits of Reducing Pollutants and Increasing Air Quality
Clean air may help prevent health problems including asthma, allergies, or other serious conditions. Chemicals from cleaning products or other items that are brought into the home may circulate throughout your property. When not properly filtered, they may lead to a wide range of problems from breathing difficulties to cancer. Mold is another problem that results from moisture in the air. Mold spores commonly cause allergies to react and other respiratory issues to develop. Other indoor air pollutants may include cigarette smoke, dust, or pet dander. All of these items may cause negative health side effects.
When a home’s indoor air quality is good, it will be a great relief for the lungs. In the home, a person will notice the difference and will suffer less allergy or asthma attacks. It is imperative to breathe air that contains no pollutants in order to live the highest quality of life possible to avoid the possible onset of asthmatic-like symptoms or other respiratory ailments.
Our Indoor Air Quality Improvement Process
When you contact us for our indoor air quality services in Rockford, Illinois, we’ll start by listening to your specific concerns. We can also complete a blower door test, conduct an air quality index and content test (for VOCs, HCHO, and more), and perform a thermal imaging analysis. Afterward, we show you how to address the IAQ problems we uncover. Solutions might include the installation of an:
- Air Cleaning System: From media filters to complete HEPA air filtration systems, we’ll help you choose an option that meets your needs and budget.
- Dehumidifier: Whole-house dehumidifiers keep moisture levels low, preventing microbial growth and reducing dust mite populations.
- UV Light: Got mold on your indoor coil? UV light systems prevent those contaminants from growing and help clean the air passing through your HVAC system.
- Fresh Air System: Ventilation dampers with filtration dilute and remove VOCs, pet odors, cooking smoke, and other harmful substances.
- Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV): Balanced ventilation from an ERV ensures consistent air changes to keep your indoor air clean
Why Choose Greenlink?
- We perform rigorous analyses to determine which IAQ improvements will have the most impact.
- Our team is in this to help you be more comfortable – not sell you a service or piece of equipment. We actually hope your air is clean enough to not need any new equipment!
- As certified Building Performance Institute (BPI) home performance professionals, we’ve received in-depth training on how to help you breathe cleaner air indoors.
- At PV, we consider air quality in the context of your HVAC needs. That way, you can optimize air quality with no impact (or a positive impact) on HVAC performance.
- Many indoor air quality problems are really HVAC problems. From dirty, unsealed ducts to AC sizing issues, our team knows how to identify and address the underlying issues that impact IAQ
- We test, balance, and audit every fresh air system installation. That way, we ensure that everything we install actually works the way it’s supposed to. Every. Single. Time.
Whether you or any occupants are experiencing negative symptoms associated with poor home air quality or if you just wish to evaluate the home’s air quality, Greenlink Energy Solution is ready to provide you with any and all indoor air quality services you need in Rockford, Illinois. And as part of our 360° approach to building science, we can help you identify any other components of the “system” that is your home to ensure that your property is energy efficient, properly insulated, and more.