Roof & Attic Ventilation Services
Good roof and attic ventilation lowers cooling bills, extends shingle life, and reduces ice dams.
When looking to make improvements to your home’s energy efficiency or comfort levels, you must not overlook the importance of proper ventilation in the home. It’s been shown that indoor air is typically more polluted than fresh air from the outdoors. Using our 360° approach to building science, Greenlink Energy Solutions can fully evaluate your property to determine where improvements can be made that will have the greatest impact on occupant comfort. As such, we will always let you know if your Rockford, Illinois, home will currently benefit most from our roof and attic ventilation services, a whole-house ventilation system, or if another service should take precedence over-improved ventilation in the home.
Before contacting us for our home ventilation services, you can read below for a list of the various signs that your home’s ventilation could be improved.
Signs and Symptoms of Poor or Inadequate Roof or Attic Ventilation
If you’ve noticed or seen any of the following, you most likely have inadequate levels of roof or attic insulation:
- Increase wear and tear on HVAC system – Without proper attic insulation, your home’s HVAC system will be working twice as hard when the weather is either too hot or too cold.
- You’re experiencing uncomfortable temperatures in the home – If your Rockford, Illinois, home is either too hot or too humid, especially on the second floor of a two-story home, it is likely that you could benefit from Greenlink’s roof and attic ventilation services.
- You’ve found mold and mildew in the home – This is typically indicative of moisture from the home’s exterior entering the home through poorly insulated areas such as the attic or crawl spaces. Learn more about our mold remediation service.
- Ice dam formation – Ensuring your home has no air leaks and is properly ventilated is the best way to avoid the formation of ice dams, which can damage your home. Learn more about our air sealing service.
- Insulation damage – After being exposed to moisture, insulation can become damaged and grow mold. Mold remediation must be conducted prior to replacing attic insulation that has likely been affected by the mold.
Benefits of Proper Roof and Attic Ventilation
- Increase the overall performance of the home, making your home more energy efficient and mitigates the onset of other problems, such as mold growth
- Enjoy more comfortable temperature levels in the home
- Save money associated with the cost of utility bills
- Decreased humidity levels in the home, which can help combat the growth of mold in the home
Greenlink’s Roof and Attic Ventilation Solutions
Attic Intake and Exhaust Vents
Greenlink specializes in providing high-quality roof and attic ventilation services in Rockford, Illinois. The most common attic and roof ventilation solution we provide involves the installation of both intake and exhaust vents in your home’s attic. The intake vent will allow for the introduction of cooler outside air, and the exhaust vent will help expel hot air from the highest point of your attic. Both of these will help keep your attic cool, which improves overall home performance. We offer both static vents as well as powered and solar-powered vent fans. And every attic ventilation job involves the installation of rafter vents (also known as vent chutes or baffles).
Whole-House Ventilation Systems
We also offer whole-house ventilation systems if such a system is shown to make more sense for your Rockford-area home after our preliminary evaluation of the home using our 360° holistic approach to building science. We offer exhaust ventilation systems, supply ventilation systems, and balanced ventilation systems, which are meant to take in and push out equal amounts of fresh air and polluted inside air.
If you think your Rockford-area home is suffering from poor ventilation, contact the experienced roof and attic ventilation contractors of Greenlink Energy Solutions today. We will schedule a free site inspection, evaluation, and consultant. Call today for your free estimate!